Expanded Gamut Printing in Packaging
During a very exciting workshop hosted by Pressman Solutions last week, we had the great opportunity to show and discuss how packaging printers can profit from the expanded gamut printing technology. This article summarizes key aspects and includes the recording of the session.
Heiner Mueller, Sales Director Packaging, and Marcus Brune, Product Manager, at CGS ORIS had planned really a lot for the webinar session. The result was a very exciting journey including all important aspects of expanded gamut printing in packaging - for beginners as well as experts.
Benefits & application areas
The session started with a short introduction of expanded gamut printing itself and the general benefits, the approach offers. This part nicely answers key questions like why expanded gamut printing helps to greatly reduce waste and ink inventory, decreases cleaning and downtimes of the presses, and how this leads to increased (sellable) press output.
Besides that, it became obvious which great effects this has on the flexibility in production planning, the efficiency of the workflow and that it offers additional options and application areas. Working with a suitable software solution makes it also possible to achieve vibrant saturated images (even on uncoated stock/newspaper) in the same process.
The speakers also touched frequently asked questions about the right color combination as well as what it implies for which printing process. Read more...
What does that mean for the daily business?
In the second part of the session, Marcus Brune showed in detail what it means for the daily business if software that was specially developed for expanded gamut printing is used. He visualized step by step how the award-winning, fully automated solution X GAMUT works, which are the unique advantages and which special features it includes to always achieve the best results.
The session ended by answering individual questions.
Why should I choose X GAMUT?
- Accurate spot color reproduction
- Photo printing with vivid, high saturated colors
- Full flexibility
- Just one application needed
- Easy integration into existing processes
- No change of workflow required
- Integrated connection to cloud-based data bases (CxF COLOR CLOUD)
- Full-workflow solution (cross-fleet color management, ink saving, file conversion, normalization etc.)
- Seamless connection to proofing applications
- Read more...
- Read the full background story about expanded gamut printing
- X GAMUT | Specially developed software to streamline multicolor printing
- User Reports
- CXF TOOLS | Ideal solution for organization & communication of spectral color
- FLEX PACK | Innovative system to produce color accurate packaging proofs & mock-ups